Darden Graduate School of Business Administration Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
• VP, Finance Club, International Business Society, and Graduate Women in Business
College of Charleston Charleston, SC
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, May 1997
• President, Student Government Association
• Exchange student in Strasbourg, France at the Université de Syracuse, Spring 1995
Lehman Brothers New York, NY
Summer Associate, Investment Banking, Global Consumer Retail Group Summer 2001
• Created models for high yield and LBO transactions, including financial projections and comparable company
• Prepared industry overviews and new business presentations for clients in the consumer goods, supermarket and
• Evaluated M&A and LBO opportunities for clients using comparable company and strategic analyses.
U.S House of Representatives, Office of Congressman Mark Sanford Washington, DC
Chief-of-Staff for DC 2000
• Managed staff to advance legislative strategy, constituent services and coalition efforts within private and
• Represented the Congressman in meetings with government officials, business leaders, and constituents.
Advanced and communicated his agenda by developing relationships and serving as his point of contact.
• Developed successful exit strategy for the Congressman by coordinating media opportunities, constituent
outreach, archiving and direct mailing.
• Increased office productivity and efficiency by reorganizing staff, introducing benchmarks and weekly goals
and tracking initiative progressions.
• Created media strategies to publicize and promote new initiatives.
Trade Policy Advisor 1998-1999
• Led Congressman’s efforts in an international trade dispute with Japan. Prepared testimony before the
International Trade Commission, created a media plan and cultivated support. The ITC ruled favorably, which
changed import regulations.
• Initiated legislation liberalizing American travel to Cuba; this legislation passed the U.S. House – the first time
since the embargo’s conception in 1961.
• Wrote trade and international finance legislation and amendments, specifically focusing on free trade initiatives.
• Generated Congressional and public support for trade proposals, navigated bills through committee procedures,
and negotiated with key decision-makers to bring initiatives to the House floor for votes.
• Consulted the Congressman in preparation for major votes, including permanent normal trade relations (PNTR)
for China and annual Federal appropriations.
Legislative Correspondent 1997-1998
• Proposed an information system restructuring, which linked the Congressman’s three offices, reduced
constituent response time and created an integrated database.
• Analyzed legislative issues, wrote issue briefs and talking points and drafted opinion pieces for distribution
• Increased hits to the Congressman’s website by redesigning and creating new links.