Darden Graduate School of Business Administration
University of Virginia Charlottesville, VA
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
International Advisory Board, Finance Club, Christmas in April
Global Business Experience 2001: Stockholm School of Economics – Sweden/Latvia
University of Georgia Athens, GA
Masters of Taxation, August 1996
Tulane University New Orleans, LA
Bachelor of Science in Management; Major in Accounting, May 1995
Studied abroad at Groupe HEC (France) and International Management Center (Hungary).
PFIZER, INC. – Corporate Finance Department
2001 Summer Associate, PGM Strategic Planning New York, NY
• Developed standard financial model to analyze post-merger plant network optimization strategies. Evaluated
Andean Region drug sourcing and Indonesian plant rationalization alternatives.
• Provided strategic recommendations to reduce Animal Health Group’s global product cost structure.
• Presented competitor analysis of Schering-Plough’s production and product quality problems to Pfizer
Global Manufacturing Finance team.
ERNST & YOUNG, LLP – International Corporate Tax Planning
2000 Project Manager Zurich, Switzerland
• Advised European multinational corporations on the U.S. tax implications of U.S. inbound market-entry
strategies, cross-border transaction structuring, and capital financing strategies.
• Initiated and developed $25K proprietary compliance software program to provide financial services clients
with an interactive interpretation of new U.S. source withholding tax regulations.
• Participated in regional new business development activities that generated over $700K in implementation
engagements in Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and the United Kingdom.
1999-2000 Senior Corporate Tax Consultant, Foreign Tax Desk Program Paris, France
• Recognized as outstanding performer within the U.S. international tax practice and selected to participate in
12-month international leadership exchange program.
• Modeled the U.S. tax impact of $140M French real estate company’s divestiture of U.S. assets.
• Managed deferred tax provision of a $25B Swiss engineering services company’s conversion from
International Accounting Standards financial reporting to U.S. GAAP financial reporting.
• Taught seminars on U.S. corporate tax law to European clients, prospects, and colleagues.
1996-1998 Senior/Staff Corporate Tax Consultant Atlanta, GA
• Provided international tax planning advice to U.S. multinational corporations regarding global market-entry
strategies, cross-border transaction structuring, U.S. tax deferral planning, transfer pricing, and exporting.
Project assignments included:
Drafted tax opinion memorandum regarding the capitalization or deductibility of a $25B global
telecommunication company’s $2.8B cellular license bid in Brazil.
Structured tax-efficient Asian direct investment strategy for a $1.6B U.S. restaurant chain.
Modeled the foreign tax credit implications of a $6B U.S. media conglomerate’s proposed divestiture of
a $200M U.K. minority interest.
PERSONAL Member: French-American Chamber of Commerce, British-American Business Group
Internship: Merrill Lynch Private Client Group, New Orleans, LA (1995)
Interests: Baseball, Golf, Racquetball, European History