Darden Graduate School of Business Administration Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
• Darden Class of 1977 Scholarship Recipient
University of Texas at Dallas Dallas, TX
Masters of Public Administration, May 1996
• Muskie Fellow (2 year academic fellowship)
Kiev State University of Economics Kiev, Ukraine
Diploma of Economics, June 1993
• Elected Section Representative
Summer 2001 Eli Lilly and Company Indianapolis, IN
Summer Intern, New Product Planning – Intercontinental Group
• Conducted market attractiveness analysis for Lilly’s new products.
• Developed guidelines for estimating investment level required to launch a new product. The
guidelines were used by affiliates to set up Marketing and Sales cost targets for new products.
1998 – 2000 KPMG Barents Group Kiev, Ukraine
Consultant, Deputy Team Leader, Ukraine Enterprise Restructuring Project
• Restructured six medium- and large-size Ukrainian enterprises in meat, dairy, refractory, and
pharmaceutical retail industries.
• Led two teams consisting of companies’ management and large shareholders to restructure
meat processing plants in Eastern Ukraine.
The Horlivka Meat Processing Plant:
o Developed and implemented business strategy in conjunction with the company’s
management. Restructuring efforts resulted in company sales increase of 150% a year.
o Launched Sales & Marketing department determining staffing needs, department structure
and scope of work. Identified training needs for newly hired personnel.
o Developed marketing strategy based on customer and competitor analysis. Introduced a
premium brand, the first in the history of the company that previously produced only generic
Zaporizhia Meat Processing Plant:
o Improved warehouse shipping processes and product delivery system. Delivery lead time
decreased by 20% and delivery costs went down by 40%.
o Redesigned the company’s order processing system that led to reduction of product stock-outs
and increase in revenue by 10%.
1996 – 1998 PricewaterhouseCoopers Kiev, Ukraine
Consultant, Mass Privatization Project (MPP).
• Advised the State Property Fund of Ukraine (SPF) on privatization issues and postprivatization
development. Analyzed an array of problems that companies encounter during
the privatization process and developed recommendations for their solution.
• Led a group of four Ukrainian experts that developed privatization plans for industrial
companies and conducted seminars for companies’ management.
• Fluent in Russian and Ukrainian