Darden Graduate School of Business Administration Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
• Finance Club; GMAT: 720
Princeton University Princeton, NJ
Bachelor of Arts, History, June 1993
• Awarded merit-based Watson Scholarship; Varsity Lightweight Football, 4 years
Summer 2001 Landmark Communications, Inc. Norfolk, VA
• Analyzed the addition of new programs and the overhaul of existing programs at for-profit
schools operated by Landmark Education Services, a subsidiary of Landmark. Conducted
customer, market, and competitive analyses and created financial models to demonstrate
program viability, sources of revenue growth and cost savings.
• Researched public companies and industry data to help Landmark pursue new ventures.
• Presented recommendations to top corporate officers, including Chairman of the Board.
1993-2000 The Collegiate School Richmond, VA
K-12 Independent School – Faculty
• Taught history and mathematics to 80 students per year in middle and upper schools.
• Designed formal and creative lesson plans for three different courses each year, continuously
assessing and modifying curricula based on their effectiveness.
• Coached football, wrestling, lacrosse and golf – promoted to Head Varsity Wrestling and Head
Varsity Lacrosse Coach; selected Prep League Wrestling Coach of the Year twice.
• Met regularly with parents, alumni, colleagues, and administrators; maintained open and
effective communications with all. Presented three speeches per year to 600 people.
• Advised 20 students each year in academic, emotional, and personal development.
• Served on committees for leadership development, faculty hiring, and student recruitment.
• Collaborated weekly with team of colleagues to integrate curriculum and discuss student needs.
1987-2000 Camp Virginia Goshen, VA
Boys Summer Camp – Senior Counselor
• Organized and oversaw weekly activities for 130 campers. Initiated the formation of a new
activity group and its new curriculum. Supervised ten counselors and a cabin of 12 boys.
1999-Present President – Virginia Independent Schools Wrestling Association
• Organized tournaments, chaired association meetings, and communicated with constituencies.
1996-1998 President – Camp Virginia Alumni Association
• Coordinated fund-raising strategy, allocation of resources, and distribution of scholarship funds.
1992-1993 President – Tiger Inn Eating Club, Princeton University
• Oversaw a membership of 200 and an annual budget of $600,000. Served as liaison to Graduate
Board, Princeton University, and media. Managed successful integration of women into club.