Darden Graduate School of Business Administration Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
• Frank E. Genovese Fellowship for General Management / Entrepreneurship
• GMAT: 700
Davidson College Davidson, NC
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, May 1996
• Concentrated coursework in Industrial / Organizational Psychology and Economics
Summer 2001 Milliken & Company, Automotive Division Internal Consultant Spartanburg, SC
• Directed supply-chain project that initiated the development of an inventory replenishment system,
an outgoing freight prioritization tool, and a means to improve customer demand accuracy.
• Performed competitive analysis and helped design a confidentiality agreement as a member of a new
product development team working to enter a growing market and establish strategic relationships.
• Analyzed industry price positioning by technology for automotive division.
1996-2000 Milliken & Company, Advanced Production Manager Simpsonville, SC
Promoted through process improvement and production management positions in less than three years
and ultimately acted as general manager of three departments with profitability, personnel and product
responsibility including everything from procurement to delivery.
Project Management and Leadership
• Redesigned inventory management processes by introducing pull systems, using integrated analysis
and supplier negotiation, reducing carrying costs by over 50%.
• Initiated, designed and directed production-line balancing projects, resulting in layout and
throughput improvements that reduced total unit cost by over 20%.
• Coordinated the start-up of a new automotive assembly area that enabled the business to meet
dramatic production ramp-up requirements in less than six months.
• Created and initiated a plant-wide performance measurement and daily communication system that
became a benchmark for the rest of the company.
Strategic Business Planning
• Forecasted operational requirements to meet fluctuating demands as a direct supplier to BMW.
• Evaluated prospective new product introductions, established initial controls and assisted in cost
design by performing feasibility studies and failure mode and effect analyses (FMEA).
Process Improvement / Operations Management
• Directed daily activities of two managers and over 40 production associates, performing team
development, performance appraisal and staffing duties.
• Designed and implemented systems of measurement, control and error-proofing that not only
improved most key metrics, but also established Milliken as one of BMW’s top suppliers.
• Trained in leadership, manufacturing techniques, statistical process control, industrial engineering
and activity-based costing, through nearly 500 hours of coursework at Milliken University.
• Fostered direct relationships with suppliers and customers, while integrating internal and external
requirements to optimize product performance and cost.
• Led procurement negotiations and evaluations of material and major equipment purchases.
• Member of the Board of Directors, Madison House: Charlottesville, Virginia (2001-Present)
• Participant, North Carolina Outward Bound School: Asheville, North Carolina (1990)
• Chapter Advertising Chair, Sierra Club: Greenville, South Carolina (1999-2000)
• Novice Marathoner: Completed first marathon June 2001; training for second in October 2001