DARDEN GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION Charlottesville, VA
UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA
Candidate for Master of Business Administration, May 2002
• Member of the Entrepreneurs Club, Business Technology Club, and Finance Club.
• Elected Section D Academic Review Coordinator.
• GMAT: 760
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SCIENCES Cambridge, MA
Doctor of Philosophy, Physics, January 1997
• Performed studies of proteins using femtosecond laser pulses.
• Acquired expertise in optics, electronics, software, and data analysis.
• Worked as a Teaching Fellow for four undergraduate courses.
PRINCETON UNIVERSITY Princeton, NJ
Bachelor of Arts, Physics (with High Honors), June 1989
• Winner of the A. G. Shenstone Prize for Best Senior Thesis in Experimental Physics.
• Awarded the National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship.
2001 DIFFUSION PHARMACEUTICALS, LLC Charlottesville, VA
Business Development Manager
• Revised and updated the company’s business plan with additional market research, cost
estimates, and competitor analysis.
• Initiated relationships with potential investors, suppliers, and customers.
1999-2000 NYCOMED AMERSHAM, PLC Durham, NC
(A global life sciences corporation that purchased Magnetic Imaging Technologies in July 1999)
Research and Development Manager
• Designed and implemented a clinical research protocol, as part of an international product
development team, resulting in commencement of FDA Phase I clinical trials.
• Created a transportation system for the unstable product, resulting in the adoption of a more
profitable distribution strategy.
• Advised senior management on competing technologies, resulting in the establishment of a
global monopoly position.
1997-1999 MAGNETIC IMAGING TECHNOLOGIES INC. Durham, NC
Director of Research
• Planned company strategy, working closely with the Board of Directors, resulting in the
successful sale of company after three years in operation.
• Wrote funding proposals, resulting in awards totaling $850,000 from the National Institutes of
Health Small Business Innovative Research program.
• Managed a team of engineers in software and hardware development.
• Conceived numerous technological innovations, resulting in several patents.
• Implemented a quality assurance system in preparation for ISO-9000 certification.
• Appraised the value of the company for negotiation of sale to Nycomed Amersham.