Darden Graduate School of Business Administration Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
• Fellow, Consortium for Graduate Study in Management
• Finance Club, Consulting Club, Graduate Women in Business, Black Business Student Forum
University of Missouri Columbia, MO
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, December 1993
• Treasurer, National Society of Black Engineers; Vice President, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority
• Dean’s List 1989-1990
Summer 2001 Wachovia Corporation Atlanta, GA
Summer Associate, U.S. Corporate Finance, Media & Telecommunications Industry Group
• Participated in client calls and sales pitches in Atlanta and Boston.
• Utilized Portfolio Management modeling software to evaluate profitability and capital at-risk
of the clients in the Telecom portfolio.
• Performed business and industry analysis on various clients to predict repayment capacity and
to evaluate financial performance.
1996-2000 Solutia Incorporated Pensacola, FL
A $3 Billion chemical company spun off from Monsanto Company in 1997.
Senior Buyer, Essential Materials
• Managed inventories of more than 200 raw materials and scheduled deliveries for two Solutia
nylon plants and seven outsourced manufacturing partners.
• Formulated strategies with contract managers to develop sourcing plan for strategic and
specialty raw materials resulting in $500 K savings.
• Led cross-functional team to reduce working capital by $1MM and consolidate precious metal
catalyst purchases resulting in $50 K savings and material handling process improvements.
• Developed and implemented procedures, trained 30 employees, coordinated and conducted
audits in order to maintain ISO9002/QS9000 quality systems registration for Purchasing &
Packaging Engineer and Buyer
• Managed packaging inventories of more than 100 materials and scheduled deliveries.
• Leveraged and consolidated enterprise packaging purchases as a member of national sourcing
teams resulting in enterprise savings of $2 MM and plant wide savings of $400 K.
• Identified and evaluated new ways of packaging and handling all finished goods to reduce
packaging costs and meet customer needs.
1994-1996 Monsanto Company St. Louis, MO
Buyer/Expediter, Business & Research Support Services and Engineering Purchasing
• Managed material requirements for agricultural research division and support functions.
• Conducted study for Purchasing and Accounts Payable to identify potential suppliers for
EDI/EFT resulting in a reduction of manual transactions for both departments and the addition
of 50% of suppliers to Electronic Data Interchange.
• Negotiated contracts for services not under national agreements to identify potential cost
savings and consolidate supplier base.
• Built relationships with project engineers and equipment suppliers to effectively coordinate
the manufacture and delivery of critical equipment for capital construction projects.
• Created performance evaluation tool to identify and maintain high performing suppliers and
eliminate low performing suppliers.