University of Virginia Charlottesville, VA
Darden Graduate School of Business Administration/University of Virginia School of Law
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration and Juris Doctor, May 2002
Journal: Virginia Journal of Law & Technology (VJOLT)
Member: Marketing Club, Health Care Club, & Black Business Students Forum.
Stanford University Palo Alto, CA
Bachelor of Arts, International Relations, June 1995
The National Dean’s List, 1991-1995
Undergraduate Scholars Program, 1994
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Stanford-in-Latin-America Santiago, Chile
Quarter abroad studying Latin American development, Fall 1993
Summer Holland & Knight, LLP Washington, DC
2001 Summer Associate – Clerk in the Intellectual Property, Real Estate, and other practice groups.
· Developed deposition questions for trademark infringement claim surrounding client’s brand name.
· Assisted in preparation of witness in trademark application opposition proceeding.
· Drafted purchase agreement documents for sale of hotel.
· Wrote real estate finance primer for timeshare collections personnel.
Summer Bryan Cave LLP Washington, DC
2000 Summer Associate – Clerk in the Commercial Litigation, Corporate, and other practice groups.
· Researched and drafted memoranda on legal issues relating to various state and federal laws.
· Analyzed merits of alleged false advertising claim under the Lanham Act.
· Member of 5 person team responsible for updating advocacy handbook for pro bono client.
Summer Irwin Financial Corporation Columbus, IN
1999 Corporate Development Intern – Project specialist for both parent and operating company executives..
· Started SBA licensed Small Business Investment Company with $10MM initial capital investment,
after analyzing SBA and federal banking regulations for potential conflicts.
· Evaluated Real Options methodologies for use in capital investment projects.
· Presented recommendations on company-wide technology structure to senior management.
1995 – 1998 Bayer Corporation Washington, DC
Legal Assistant – Multifaceted position involving legislative strategy, special projects, and
office management for government relations function.
· Analyzed U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule and produced action plan regarding potentially
detrimental duty classification to product lines.
· Evaluated reciprocity statutes and recommended drivers’ licenses guidelines for U.S. nationals
working at German parent company.
· Organized cross-functional group conferences to solidify congressional strategy.
· Developed and improved relationships with internal clients and external constituents to foster
understanding of specialized competencies of government affairs office.
· Designed Grasstops™ and grassroots lobbying activities on Capitol Hill for internal clients, such as
Bayer’s Making Science Make Sense™ program and executive committee members.
· Conversational Spanish Proficiency
· Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
· Stanford Alumni Association