Darden Graduate School of Business Administration Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
• Finance Club, Business Technology Club, Black Business Student Forum
State University of New York at Buffalo Buffalo, NY
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Cum Laude, June 1994
• Golden Key National Honor Society, Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities
Summer 2001 FRIEDMAN BILLINGS RAMSEY & CO., INC. Arlington, VA
Summer Associate, Investment Banking – Energy Group
• Drafted private placement memoranda in collaboration with company’s senior management and
legal counsel to arrange debt financing for a $200MM company’s emergence from Chapter 11
• Performed extensive financial analyses that evaluated capital structure alternatives; compiled
comparable company statistics via Bloomberg and First Call.
• Conducted qualitative and quantitative due diligence and created an internal template that
streamlined the documentation process, ensuring more effective planning and execution.
• Attended sales call meetings with research analysts and Sales & Trading personnel.
1998-2000 EXXON MOBIL CORPORATION Fairfax, VA
Internal Auditor, Marketing & Refining – Controller’s Group
• Facilitated internal control workshops in which management teams assessed their key business
objectives, identified risks to achieve those objectives, and developed action plans to reduce
those risks. Identified opportunities to curtail costs by 5%.
• Initiated and executed value-added services for a business unit, resulting in solutions to
previously unresolved problems. Recognized by the Vice President for superior performance.
• Evaluated the usefulness of a Change Management Pilot Program in anticipation of the merger
between Exxon and Mobil.
• Designed internal controls and detailed flowcharts for a recently reorganized department,
leading to effective allocation of resources among key business functions.
1994-1998 PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS LLP Buffalo, NY
Senior Auditor/Staff Auditor
• Simultaneously managed two challenging year-end engagements (consisting of 8 staff); executed
both projects under budget and made significant business recommendations to management
including cost saving initiatives.
• Analyzed inventory transactions on a fraud investigation project, leading to write-offs of
$15MM. Received an exceptional evaluation from the Director.
• Generated a detailed proposal for a prospective client, leading to a new engagement. Conducted
on-site due diligence.
1991-2000 UNITED STATES ARMY RESERVES Fairfax, VA
• Incorporated changes in the basic training program including the new Army Values,
fraternization policies and integrated male/female training.
• Implemented pre-qualification program that better prepared soldiers for the challenging Primary
Leadership Development Course. Achieved the highest graduation rate of 96% in the Battalion.
• Implemented the performance criteria of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
PERSONAL Interests include skydiving, mountain biking, and studying Egyptian hieroglyphs