Darden Graduate School of Business Administration Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
· Chief Financial Officer, University of Virginia Student Council. Vice-President, Darden General
Management Club. Member, Opportunity Consultants, Inc.
· GMAT: 700, Analytical Writing: 6.0.
California State University, Fresno Fresno, CA
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accounting option, August 1995
· Degree achieved in four years while working 40 hours per week as a staff accountant.
Summer 2001 General Mills International Minneapolis, MN
MBA Intern, Convenience Stores
· Successfully managed the launch of a new breakfast product in the convenience store channel,
including maintaining P&L responsibility.
· Developed nationwide plan to launch General Mills clip strip offerings in convenience stores,
leading to potential sales increases of 20% in the channel.
· Analyzed sales data to establish a promotional giveaway in the convenience store channel for the
largest salty snack offering in General Mills history.
1998-2000 Ernst & Young, LLP San Francisco, CA
Internal Finance Manager, San Francisco Bay Area
· Managed 13-member finance team in three Bay Area offices.
· Improved area billing and cash collections by 15%, to almost $100MM annually, by establishing
and monitoring monthly goals for finance personnel.
· Decreased revenue days outstanding from 120 days to 50 by implementing new collection and
billing procedures. Increased revenue days outstanding ranking from number nine to number one
in the firm.
· Investigated, analyzed and reorganized financial processes enabling tax practices to increase
profitability by 20%.
· Created policies within West Coast management team that became firm-wide measures, including
execution of inaugural finance intern program.
1995-1998 U.S. Department of Defense, Operation Mongoose Monterey, CA
· Headed-up multi-division team to uncover fraud, waste and abuse in the United States Air Force.
· Discovered over $10MM in duplicate payments that was subsequently reimbursed to the U.S.
· Developed innovative fraud detection mainframe programs to locate potential anomalies in
financial data for investigation. These programs were adopted for use by several agencies.
· Selected to serve a three-month assignment in the Pentagon working on the annual Defense
· Briefed the Under Secretary of Defense daily on budget issues and how they affected troop
personnel and readiness.
· Created first on-line system to track budget decisions for Pentagon personnel.
· Head softball coach, Special Olympics.
· Enjoy playing softball and golf.