Darden Graduate School of Business Administration Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
· Elected VP of Admissions for Latin American Students Association and VP General for
Students for Responsible Business; selected for International Advisory Board.
Monterrey Institute of Technology (ITESM) Monterrey, Mexico
Bachelor of Science, Honorable Mention, Industrial and Systems Engineering, December 1997
· University exchange at École Superieure de Commerce de Paris (ESCP), 1996
Institution Château Mont-Choisi Lausanne, Switzerland
One-Year International Language Program, High Honorable Mention, June 1993
· Courses in French, English, and Swiss Law
A.T. KEARNEY, INC. Mexico City, Mexico
Summer 2001 Summer Associate
· Engaged in a project aimed at designing the implementation strategy for 51 B2B projects for a
major automotive company. Collaborated with client executives to define and evaluate projects
related with the engineering area. Co-developed deliverables, such as business cases.
· Performed a strategic review for major railroad company that involved evaluating growth needs.
Analyzed financial information and selected relevant indicators for presentation.
· Developed an analysis which assessed the aviation industry. Analysis will be published
GRUPO FINANCIERO BANORTE, S.A. Monterrey, Mexico
Financial Institution with $11.3 millions in assets
2000 IT Project Manager
· Developed and implemented IT system and organizational design to restructure human
resources IT department.
· Researched competitors’ Internet strategies and prepared presentations for Board of Directors.
Results included the launch of competitive online services with an $8 million budget. In 1999,
Lehman Brothers ranked Banorte’s homepage third in the Mexican financial system.
· Led $30 million IT project budget and negotiated with Business Area Directors to ensure
optimal resource allocation.
1999 Internal Consulting Manager
· Redesigned judicial bad-debt collection processes that helped achieve 1999 recoveries of $665
million. Integrated processes with other collection departments in the bank. Recommended the
purchase of technical solution to senior management.
· Proposed, negotiated, and developed operational strategies and controls for evaluating
commercial, corporate, and government executive’s performance.
· Selected for early promotion to manager.
1997 – 1998 Systems Analyst
· Restructured HR and hardware requirements to review bank’s credits. Results included a 45%
time reduction to grade credits and a 30% increase in credit reserves reliability.
· Proposed, developed, arranged financing, and managed the department’s Intranet home page.
Advised departments on how to develop and maintain their own web sites.
· Native Spanish speaker. Fluent in English. Proficient in French.
· Volunteer tour guide in the “Contemporary Art Museum” (MARCO).