Darden Graduate School of Business Administration Charlottesville, Virginia
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
• Recipient of Consortium for Graduate Study in Management Fellowship
• Student Affairs Advisory Board, Finance Club, Energy Club
Florida International University Miami, Florida
Bachelor of Arts in Finance, December 1993
• Dean’s List
Reliant Energy, Incorporated Houston, Texas
Summer Associate, Corporate Planning & Development Summer 2001
• Worked on the Corporate Development team to identify, value and execute strategic acquisitions.
• Constructed forecast models for acquisition target financial statements. Prepared detailed reports of acquisition
candidate comparable peer financial information for senior management.
• Evaluated domestic and European merchant energy companies, with an emphasis on strategy and comparative
• Identified potential financial buyers for the non-core assets of acquisition candidates.
SunTrust Bank, Miami Miami, Florida
Assistant Vice President and Manager 1995 – 2000
Team Leadership, Project and People Management
• Supervised the financial and operational performance of a branch office with $40 million in deposits, 2,000
customer households and $2.5 million in annual revenue.
• Coached, supervised and developed a team of 10 bankers.
• Developed and implemented a strategic plan to double market share and enlarge the company’s footprint in the
Downtown Miami area.
• Exceeded deposit and net income goals by 10% and 47%, respectively.
• Acquired and managed commercial relationships in the $10 – $25 million middle market.
• Executed all functions of the commercial credit transaction including negotiating, underwriting and closing.
• Managed an $18.5 million loan portfolio which produced $580,000 in annual profits for the company.
• Advised corporations on risk management issues, including the use of financial derivatives such as interest rate
• Produced $10.5 million in new loan volume and $51,000 in fee income, exceeding goals by over 50% in a twelvemonth
• Analyzed corporate and municipal borrowing clients to determine repayment capacity.
• Evaluated risk based upon economic, industry, management and financial data.
• Developed an analysis format for the mortgage banking industry that became the department standard.
• Authored a paper on the complexities of lending to the restaurant industry that won sixth place in a statewide Robert
Morris Associates competition.
PaineWebber Incorporated Miami, Florida
Investment Executive 1994 – 1995
• Collaborated with seven team members to call on and service institutional investment clients.