Darden Graduate School of Business Administration Charlottesville, Virginia
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
· Vice-president of Career Services – Latin American Student Association
· Member of the International Advisory Board of The Darden School of Business Administration
· University of Virginia Honor Committee Juror
Universidad de los Andes Bogotá, Colombia
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, March 1997
· Teaching Assistant for “Information Technology” course
· Self-funded undergraduate education.
Summer 2001 Credit Suisse First Boston Miami, Florida
Summer Associate- Private Client Services Group- Latin America
· Developed a market analysis for the private wealth market in the Andean Region.
· Prepared several advisory presentations for private investors in the U.S., Brazil and Colombia.
· Performed comprehensive research on lead development and client portfolio analysis.
2000 – 2001 Citigroup Corporate & Investment Bank Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Consultant- Bargaining and Negotiation Instructor
· Conducted 9 seminars to 180 bankers in Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Venezuela and Colombia.
1997-2000 Citibank Bogotá, Colombia
Product Manager- Structured Finance
· Created and sold first-ever off-balance proprietary product featuring credit derivatives in
Emerging Markets Division.
– Won “Best Success Transfer Award” after implementing product regionally.
· Led purchase of $300 million mortgage-backed portfolio.
– This deal is the largest on-shore transaction written by Citibank Colombia.
· Surpassed usual 18-24 month promotion period, receiving merit-based promotion in six months
from hire date.
1994-1997 Corfinsura Bogotá, Colombia
(Largest local investment bank)
Senior Trader- Foreign Exchange and Foreign Exchange Derivatives
· Established 25 new relationships that increased designated customer base by 50%.
· Negotiated and sold firm’s first foreign exchange derivatives deal with a corporate customer.
· Designed derivatives product presentations for corporate customers and achieved highest
pitched-to-closed deals ratio among peers.
(Held full-time position while completing undergraduate degree.)
· Managed $350 million credit exposure to 250 corporate clients over a 2-year period.
· Completed analyst program with rotations in risk management, financial control and investment
1993-1994 Power Technology Limited Bogotá, Colombia
Co-founder and CEO of computer hardware retailer
· Identified and established relationships with 50 corporate customers and 4 foreign suppliers.
· Generated annual sales of $300,000 within the first 18 months.
· Member of the Board of Directors of the San Carlos School Alumni Association