Darden Graduate School of Business Administration Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
· GMAT: 720
· Finance Club, International Business Society, Graduate Women in Business
Pennsylvania State University University Park, PA
Bachelor of Arts, International Politics major, May 1995
· Dean’s list
· Teaching Assistant, Intro to Middle East History
· Senior Photographer, The Daily Collegian
American University in Cairo Cairo, Egypt
Study Abroad Program, Spring 1994
· Studied Arabic literature, society, colloquial language and politics
Summer Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin New York, NY
2001 Summer Associate, Investment Banking
Participated in the preparation of offering memoranda, valuation models, pitch books and other
project materials for various distressed M&A, private placement, and restructuring engagements.
1996-2000 The World Bank, East Asia and Pacific Region Washington, D.C.
Junior Associate, Environment and Social Development Unit
Managed $120 million grant facility for Chinese industrial enterprises to phase out use of ozonedepleting
chemicals. Increased number of recipients from 50 to over 90, with an average
investment of US$ 1 million per project.
· Recommended investments for over 40 enterprises based on due diligence reviews of studies
conducted by Chinese financial intermediaries.
· Presented recommendations on proposed investments to Investment Management
· Visited over 20 grant recipients per year to monitor project implementation and evaluate
· Investigated labor regulation compliance for displaced workers under industrial restructuring
projects. Recommendations led to government review of policies and stricter enforcement
of minimum compensation requirements.
· Recipient of 2000 World Bank Performance Award for exceptional achievement, teamwork,
client focus and results.
· House Captain, Christmas in April (April 2001)
· Second degree black belt, World Tang Soo Do Association
· Chief Instructor, Morning Star Tang Soo Do in Vienna, Virginia (1999-2000)