DARDEN GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
• Vice President of Technology, Finance Club.
• GMAT 740.
VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY Nashville, TN
B.A. Economics, May 1997
• President and Treasurer, Vanderbilt Undergraduate Economics Association.
• Rush Chairman, Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity.
SUMMER 2001 STERNE, AGEE & LEACH, INC. Birmingham, AL
Summer Associate, Capital Markets Group
• Responsibilities divided between Corporate Finance and Equity Research with a focus on
• Corporate Finance assignments included:
o Modeled and valued $17MM purchase of a $160MM asset commercial bank.
o Marketed and evaluated $25MM trust preferred issue for a $900MM asset commercial
• Equity Research duties included:
o Analyzed and recommended the stocks of commercial banks and thrifts to clients, traders,
and the retail distribution network.
o Forecasted earnings and cash flows based on prior financial results and management
insights obtained through discussions with senior management of companies covered.
AMSOUTH BANCORPORATION Birmingham, AL
1998-2000 Accountant, Trust Division, Institutional Services Group
• Monitored daily operations, compliance procedures, and equity trades of ten corporate
retirement plan managers of over 350 institutional pension plans with total market value of $1
• Developed and implemented spreadsheet model for tracking trades and positions of $1 billion
of mutual funds, money market funds, guaranteed insurance contracts, and cash accounts.
Model allowed for immediate identification of trading errors and resulted in a 95% trading
• Led facilitation of internal and external audits of all institutional retirement plans.
1997-1998 Retirement Plan Analyst, Trust Division, Institutional Services Group
• Managed compliance efforts of a 10-employee product group with over 250 corporate 401(k)
and profit sharing plans.
• Constructed spreadsheet model that eased monitoring of voluminous plan activity, resulting in
clearer identification of procedural problems and a 90% reduction in processing errors.
• Awarded 1998 Employee Benefit Star Performer Award for overall excellence in striving for
• Consulted clients and plan participants on IRS tax codes and pension regulations (ERISA).
• Enjoy sport fishing, golf, and acoustic guitar.