Darden Graduate School of Business Administration Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters in Business Administration, May 2002
Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
University of Dublin
Bachelors of Art, B.A.I. (Engineering), Honors degree, 1990
Bachelors of Art, B.A. (Mathematics), Honors degree, 1990
June 2001 BRAND FINANCE, INC. – Consultant New York, NY
to present U.K.-based consulting firm specializing in brand valuation and
• Worked on project to provide valuation and strategy services to major US
(~$25bn annual revenues). Reported directly to Brand Finance US Managing
• Conducted interviews with key strategy, brand and research client
personnel to gain insights on
individual business units, and to identify critical measurement needs.
• Reviewed current licensing arrangements to determine value opportunities.
• Developed financially-based dynamic brand valuation model. Model includes
competitive benchmarking, and brand scorecard modules. Model allows client
to monitor the brand
performance of different business units, and their drivers, to assist
• Performed analysis on brand drivers, including competitive landscape and
appropriateness of advertising spend to prepare presentation to client.
discussion of analysis and model results, and presentation of
• Prepared and assisted in presentation of sales pitches to prospective
1994 – 2000 GUERTIN & ASSOCIATES, INC. – Project Manager Stoneham, MA
Engineering consulting firm providing services to New England based clients.
• Led technical teams in the research, evaluation, planning, recommendation,
design and execution of
cost-saving technologies for several clients.
• Developed and maintained close relationships with client management to
ensure immediate response
to particular needs and to identify new engagement opportunities. Negotiated
amendments for add-on engagements with three clients.
• Managed development of design & specifications for contract bidding.
Reviewed bids and
recommended contractor selection to clients. Contracts ranged from $120K to
• Developed and controlled budgets, schedules and manpower for multiple
Budgets ranged from $10K to $400K.
• Directed production of multiple marketing efforts. Presented company
qualifications and proposed
project goals and methods to prospective clients. Developed new approaches
to reposition firm with
• Consulted with president and divisional vice president to formulate and
strategic plan. Planned and facilitated corporate strategy meetings.
1990 - 1994 MOTT MACDONALD - Engineer Cambridge, U.K.
Engineering consulting firm providing services to global clients.
• Worked in employer and client offices performing design, cost-effective
analysis, report preparation
and developing infrastructure models. Coordinated a variety of teams across
several functional and
• Darden Salvation Army Coordinator. Darden admissions interviewer.
• Virginia Rugby Club playing member.
• Extensive foreign travel. Holder of US Green Card and Irish passport.
MBA Resume for