Darden Graduate School of Business Administration Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
· William Michael Shermet Award Recipient
· H.W. & A.G. Lewis Merit Scholarship
· Senior Portfolio Manager of the Darden Fund – Darden Capital Management
· VP Finance – Sports & Entertainment Club; Finance Club; Values Based
McIntire School of Commerce, University of Virginia Charlottesville, VA
Bachelor of Science in Commerce, Concentration in Accounting, May 1994
· Beta Gamma Sigma; Golden Key National Honor Society; Dean’s List
· President – Environmental Commerce Organization
2001 MassMutual Financial Group Springfield, MA
Executive Development Program Intern – Corporate Finance
· Project manager for the development of a new financial product.
· Developed a framework to analyze and monitor the company’s foreign
· Proposed innovative solutions to enable MassMutual to move capital between
legal entities more
· Assessed MassMutual’s ability to issue commercial paper overseas.
· Performed due diligence for potential acquisitions.
1998-2000 Marriott International, Inc. Bethesda, MD
Senior Manager – Accounting Policy & Transactions
· Contributed to various high potential, multi-functional teams that created
solutions to company
issues, such as developing a new compensation program.
· Created, reviewed and discussed accretion/dilution analyses with senior
directly to decisions about multi-million dollar acquisitions.
· Influenced the structure of operating agreements domestically and
accounting related issues from all departments within the company, resulting
in cost savings and
· Prepared, reviewed and discussed the company’s SEC filings with senior
1994-1998 KPMG Peat Marwick, LLP Washington, DC
Supervising Senior Accountant II
· Managed audit teams of up to ten professionals in the planning, analysis,
and implementation of
real estate and financial services audit engagements both domestically and
abroad. Organized and
supervised the use of personnel from other KPMG departments and offices.
· Developed and monitored operating budgets. Met or exceeded profitability
selection and implementation of audit efficiencies and effective delegation
· Supervised, trained and evaluated audit team members. Mentored an
resulting in a significant performance improvement.
· Certified Public Accountant
· Board of Directors, National Capital Area Chapter of the A.L.S.
· Traveled extensively in North America and Europe
MBA Resume for