Clocks lagged far behind the state of the art of smart phones long after. This negative trend broke through Samsung with the “Galaxy Gear”. Meanwhile, there is the smart wristwatch of the market leader in several models. Here is an overview:
A) The Samsung Galaxy Gear V700
The Samsung Galaxy Gear V700 is the oldest model and appeared in the fall of 2013.
• Display:The V700 has a 4.14 cm large Super AMOLED touchscreen with a resolution of 320×320 pixels.
• Link:The Galaxy Gear V700 is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the Note 10.1 (edition 2014). Further models are to follow. You can also use apps on the V700.
• Fitness tracker:The Smartwatch has sensors for motion detection.
• Extra Features:The V700 has a 800 MHz processor with 512 MB of RAM and 4GB of internal memory. In addition, the Smartwatch has a 1.9 megapixel camera and Bluetooth 4.0. You can also use the V700 to call hands-free functions.
• Release date:The Galaxy Gear V700 appeared on September 6th, 2013.
b) The Samsung Gear Fit
The Samsung Gear Fit looks like a fitness bracelet, but is a full-fledged Smartwatch.
1. Display:The display is curved and offers Super AMOLED technology.
2. Link:The Gear Fit is connected to your Samsung smartphone. This is how you see missed calls and other news on the watch’s display.
3. Fitness tracker:Gear Fit is also a full-fledged fitness tracker that measures and monitors your body and performance with different sensors.
4. Extra FEATURES:IP67 Certification-The Smart watch is dust-proof and up to 1 meter deep and 30 minutes waterproof.
5. Release date:The Sport model Gear Fit came onto the market on April 4, 2014.
6. Price:The price is 199 euro.
c) The Samsung Gear 2 Neo Smartwatch
The Samsung Gear 2 Neo was released in February 2014.
1. Display:The Galaxy Gear 2 Neo has a 1.63 inch large Super AMOLED touchscreen with a resolution of 320×320 pixels.
2. Link:The Gear 2 Neo is connected to your Samsung smart phone. This is how you see missed calls and other news on the smart watch display. It is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the new Samsung Galaxy S5.
3. Fitness tracker: Several sensors measure your fitness values in everyday life as well as in sports.
4. Extra features: An integrated music player lets you jog in rhythm. With the IP67 certification, the Smart watch is protected from dust and fresh water.
5. Release date:The Samsung Gear 2 Neo appeared on April 11th, 2014.
6. Price:It is available from approx. 279 euro.
d) The Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch
The Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch differs from the Gear 2 Neo only through the camera, everything else is identical. Both models use a 1GHz fast dual-core processor, the Exynos 3250.
• Camera:Unlike the Neo, the Gear 2 has an integrated 2 megapixel camera for photo and video recording. This was placed differently from the predecessor in the enclosure.
• Price:The price is about 304 euro.
e) Samsung Gear solo
According to a Korean newspaper, Samsung is already working on another model of the Smart watch, which is still to appear 2014 and “solo”. The name is program:it should be independent of smart phones and can use a SIM card.
Conclusion:Gear instead of galaxy and Tizen instead of Android
The newer Samsung Gear models are no longer called “Galaxy” because they no longer work with Android. Instead, Samsung has made a new operating system on the body that is called Tizen. The big advantage of Tizen is that it reduces the power consumption of the Smartwatch much less than Android. New in comparison to the predecessor is also the changeable bracelet and a more pleasant, lighter weight of 200 grams.
If you can use your Smart watch as a virtual cheat sheet, you will learn in another practice tip.