Vegan do you imagine unilaterally and tasteless? Then let yourself be surprised by this refined recipe for curry lentil soup.
Vegan diets can be as varied as life itself. Our recipe for curry lentil soup is the proof – let the varied flavors on your tongue go down! The recipe comes from the pen of Jasmin Hekmatis. With “The Vegan Family Cookbook” She wants to show that veganism can be something for the whole family.
Ingredients For The Curry Lentil Soup Recipe
For 4 persons
For The Lentil Soup
1 large onion
1 large clove of garlic
1 thumb large piece of ginger
300 g carrots
200 g potatoes
1 red or yellow pepper
3 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 coated el Mild curry powder
400 ml chilled coconut milk
500 ml vegetable broth
200 g red lentils
1 Organic Orange
20 g chopped pistachios
Preparation Of Lentil Soup
- For the lentils, peel the onion, garlic and ginger and dice as finely as possible. Peel the carrots, first lengthwise into slices, then into pens and cut them into roughly large cubes. Peel the potatoes and cut in about 1 cm large cubes. Wash, clean and dice the peppers.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a saucepan with medium heat and fry the onion, garlic and ginger in it. The curry powder sprinkle and stirring.
- From the coconut milk, lift the solid cream with a spoon and cool it in a stirring cup. Pour the liquid coconut milk and the vegetable broth into the onion and boil. Give carrots, potatoes and peppers and simmer for 10 minutes in low heat.
- Rinse the lenses in a sieve and add them to the soup. Boil the soup again, then simmer for 5 to 10 minutes in low heat until the lentils are soft but not decayed.
- Meanwhile, wash the orange hot and dry. Rub the half of the bowl and squeeze the fruit. Orange peel, 1 msp. Salt and the cooled coconut cream with the blender creamy mix.
- Stir the orange juice into the curry lentil soup and season it with salt and taste it with cayenne pepper. Put the lentil soup in four dishes, sprinkle a dollop of coconut cream daraufgeben, and serve with pistachios.
About “The Vegan Family Cookbook”
It is true that vegan cuisine brings with it a number of challenges – despite the abandonment of animal products, all the nutrients essential for the body should be included. That’s why vegan nutrition for children is closing out anyway, right? Jasmin Hekmatis enters the counter-proof with her book “The Vegan Family Cookbook”, which appeared in May 2015.
Together with Dr. Markus Keller, head of the Institute for Alternative and Sustainable nutrition, Gießen, the native Tehran and political journalist gives valuable tips on how to feed his entire family vegan – from the vegan storage cabinet, which is a Overview of many foods, up to the ABC vegan Diet, which contains the most important information on vitamins and health. For example, information is given on the amount of vitamins children of different ages need.
The recipe richness of Hekmatis cookbook shows that vegan nutrition also has a great deal to offer: Children’s tiramisu with strawberries, Hungarian goulash, veggie bolognese with macaroni, spaghetti Caprese with nut cheese or the curry lentil soup. Everything from home cooking to exotic creations is there at cooking recipe.
For Hekmati, veganism means soul food that will fill both the abdomen and the soul. The cookbook emphasizes this through the beautiful pictures of the photographer Justyna Krzyzanowska, who give an insight into the vegan family life.
The cookbook “The Vegan Family Cookbook” has been published at the ARS Vivendi Verlag and is available for 24.90 Euro for example at bücher.de.