The LED, or Light Emitting Diode, was created in the 1960s and has since revolutionized the concept of lighting through LED bulbs.
It is quite true that LED bulbs are a bit more expensive than ordinary ones, but countless factors compensate for the higher price. Now listofledlights will show you some of them:
- Adaptation: it is not necessary to change the premises of the house.The LED bulbs fit the threaded socket.
- Durability: lasts approximately 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs and three times longer than compact fluorescent bulbs – which would give you about 25,000 hours of light. LED bulbs usually do not burn; They just get weaker.
- Incandescent bulbs convert only 5% to 10% of electrical energy into light. They waste the rest in the form of heat. LED bulbs convert 60% of the electricity they consume into light, so they consume much less electricity.
- The LED, unlike other lamps, does not emit UV (ultraviolet) rays, therefore it dramatically reduces the attraction of insects to the lamp.
- The LED lamps also reach their full brightness instantly and can even be dimmed.
- The color of the light is incredible:you can choose whiter color lamps or warmer color.
- They are also sturdy. It is difficult to break an LED bulb.But if the worst happens, a special coating prevents shards from flying and scattering through the environment.
- The LED is free of toxic substances .The other lamps are manufactured with heavy metals like mercury and to discard the burnings, there is a cost for decontamination of the Lamp.LEDs are manufactured without the use of heavy metals.So they are 100% recyclable.
- The energy savings in lighting circuits can reach 90% since the dichroic lamp of 50W can be replaced by a 5W LED lamp keeping the same brightness.
- The possibility of small dimensions allows the design of smaller luminaires than traditional luminaires, with greater use of space.